Thursday, May 19, 2011

The End is just the Beginning!

Well, I can hardly believe it, but my two year sentence is up! That's right.......... nursing school is finished. Now instead of my posts being rants about teachers and concept maps, they will be about patients and bosses! I'm only kidding! Well, I decided that before I take the NCLEX and my memory purges itself of everything I better write some things down. There was a lot that happened this year--both good and bad, that I don't want to forget.
I started out nursing school living with my little sister and just trying to figure out how to do this nursing school thing! For those who are nurses you will understand that nursing school is like nothing you have ever experienced. For the rest of you I will try to explain it. School has always been difficult for me. I don't have the patience to pay attention during lectures and I don't read because well, that patience factor again. It took me two weeks to read Harry Potter #7 and that's because I skipped the paragraphs that seemed boring or didn't have quotation marks in them! Sad I know. Well, in nursing school they start you out by buying all of your nursing books at once. $2000 right out the gate! Then they tell you that they want you to read all of these books! I was nervous and tried my hardest my first two semesters to figure out how I was going to do all of this reading. Well, by test two I gave up on the reading and just focused on my notes! I was a good girl that first year though and gave up fun activities and a social life for school. It payed off and I got the best grades of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment